Thank you for reading up on this campaign, and participating in any way. Looking forward to hearing your suggestions, too, on how to make the very most of this opportunity. Call me any time -- 248 787-4917 -- or email firstname.lastname@example.org or find me on Twitter at@CDEgger. Thanks!
What kind of world do we want to live in?
What's the highest potential for using internet technologies to create that world?
The Wisdom 2.0 Conference embraces both of these questions with equal amounts of passion and attention, and approaches them through exploring topics that overlap significantly with my interests in:
- Systems and network theories
- The complexity sciences
- Reiki and other mindfulness practices
- The concept of development or betterment
In a word, I would love to will(!) be there to:
- Actively engage with those at the conference (see link in comment below for more info), in building a better understanding how internet technologies can encourage wisdom and mindfulness, and to find ways to build toward that potential
- Lead a session on Gentle Action building on the webinar described here, either during the conference if possible or as a follow-up event on Sunday
- Bring more people into the conversation by building discussions on Twitter throughout the conference - Host two BlogTalkRadio sessions after the conference (one on implications for Social Actions, and a second on Network Weaving)
And then there are all the bonuses that would will(!) come with being in the Bay Area – opportunities to:
*** The tipping point has been reached: everything outlined above WILL be
happening -- hooray!!! ***
This ChipIn widget provides a place to collect funds. The original budget of $859 reflected estimates of $309 registration,
$350 airfare, and $200 for being-out-of-town costs (food, transportation, miscellaneous costs that come with being away from home).
3/7/10 update: Got a better price than expected on the registration, and will adjust the
fundraising goal after seeing what the plane ticket comes to.
3/19/10 update: Beth Kanter just made my day with a Random Act of Frequent Flier Mile Kindness. A no-cost round-trip ticket is in hand!!
*** Huge amounts of gratitude to this growing list of
*** Watch for more updates as planning around all that this support is making possible continues ***
ChipIn widget above will remain in play as an easy way to collect funds for anything we dream up that may have additional costs attached. Thank you for contributing or getting in touch if you’d like to build something around this event together. Don't hesitate to ask any questions about this campaign, or propose more activities and take-aways too. Find me here, at email@example.com, 248 787-4917, or @CDEgger, or let me know where to find you and I'll meet you there. :)